Dating stangl birds
It was first known as Fulper Pottery, who Stangl started working for in 1910. In 1928, William Fulper died, and Stangl changed the company name to Stangl Pottery a year later, in 1929.He left to work for Haegar Pottery in 1915 but came back to Fulper in 1920. In 1942, Stangl started to produce hand-carved, hand-painted dinnerware which became very popular.In 1978, Pfaltzgraff bought the Stangl trademark and liquidated the remaining inventory.One of our childhood delights was following the back roads of Central New Jersey without rhyme or reason.The pieces featured include a collector's plate, a cigarette box in the 3798 pattern, a child's bowl from the Cat and the Fiddle pattern, a china goblet from the Garden Flower pattern, a china juicer from Town and Country-Blue, a dust pan from Town and Country-Brown, a milk pail from Town and Country-Green, a tureen ladle from Town and Country-Orange, a Gold ashtray, and an ashtray from Pink Elephant.Stangl Pottery was a company in Flemington (and later Trenton), New Jersey, that manufactured a line of hand-painted dinnerware known as “Stangl ware”.Stangl's innovations were very successful and he eventually rose to become vice-president, then president of the Fulper company.
Ceramic engineer Martin Stangl was hired by the Fulper Pottery in 1910 to introduce new shapes and glazes.In addition to dinnerware, Stangl was known for its line of bird figurines.Stangl Pottery was founded in 1929, in Flemington, New Jersey, by Martin Stangl.After the designs were traced and carved into the red clay dinnerware, the pieces were under-glazed with liquid white clay, then fired.Then the designs were hand painted and the pieces were fired again.